Writing Prompts: Scene Starters
The next few lines are the opening lines for a scene. It’s up to you where you take it. Have fun.
- “You said you loved me.”
- The one thing I hadn’t counted on, was dying.
- When in doubt, pick the gun.
- “Why do you smell like death?”
- If only I was better at keeping secrets.
- “Is that blood or wine?”
- “Is that your knife or are you happy to see me?”
- How did I always get myself in these situations?
- “I’m cursed.”
- “Did you just shoot me?”
- “Why are you crying?”
- “Is he d-dead?”
- It only takes one mistake.
- “What are you doing?”
- Did I just die?